sunnuntai 1. maaliskuuta 2009

Motivation

It must have crossed the mind of every endurance athlete sometime - how much good is this specific 4 h workout going to do me during the upcoming season´s competitions? Team Garmin´s Dan Martin put it nicely to words in the latest issue of Procycling.
It could have crossed my mind yesterday - I thought it would be snowing, so I decided to do my 3 h ride on the bike trainer instead. Felt like a bone head when I saw through the cellar window it turned out to be the finest winter day so far this year. Nah, but riding indoor is the most efficient training there is - there´s no cheating, no slowing down, plus you get to practice sweating and hydrating. And the power meter forces you to maintain your effort when you raise the intensity towards the end. I did 3 hrs with the last hour above aerobic threshold, then went running for an hour. Actually, it was way above aerobic threshold. It didn´t feel any easier because of my slightly sore throat.
But I enjoyed it all the way. It was all fun. After being forced to sit out more than a year due to injury I´m so happy to again be able to do the things i love most of all in life that it just doesn´t get boring. Of course, it´s not always easy, but I love it all the way. It feels fantastic to be back on track. So no, I don´t have any doubts in what I´m doing.
Today I did 3 hrs of aerobic xc skiing. Mental recovery. Still having a sore throat though. Be gone, viruses.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti