sunnuntai 22. maaliskuuta 2009

In the zone

Cycling starts to feel like cycling when the roads are drying up and you can do 30-40 kph on the mountain bike. Just a couple of weeks more and I´ll be using 21 mm tyres instead of 47 mm - whoooaaa!!
The sun and the longer days really does wonders for your motivation too. After all, triathlon is all about summer and heat, not winter and wet. I was really in the zone yesterday, doing a 4 h bike, with the second part slightly above ironman race pace, then running for 1 h.
Found out I´ve really missed watching cycling too. I just couldn´t bare to watch any of it last season while I was out with injury, but now it´s suddenly interesting again. I just hope Sastre, Contador, Lance or anyone else of my favourites don´t get burned in a doping test.
I just hope I´ll stay healthy and injuryfree, so I´ll be able to enjoy a great season. My leg has been working great, so I´m really happy about that and hoping it will stay as good. Lately, I´ve had muscle aches and a slight flu that just won´t go away. More scary, my heart was skipping some beats. I hope it´s just related to overtraining and stress and won´t cause me any trouble going forward. Your heart is after all maybe the most important thing.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti