sunnuntai 22. helmikuuta 2009

Cycling - way cooler than skiing

I think the ski world championships in Liberec have proven just why xc skiing is quite stupid and why cycling is waaay cooler. In skiing you win or lose not on the basis how fit you are, but on how well you succeed in picking your pair of skis and waxing them. Stupid.
Anyway, I recalled my "resolution" last sunday never to go xc skiing again. Have to admit it was quite fun today, when there was enough snow and no ice in the tracks. So I went for it 3h/45K. It was more like a recovery workout after yesterday.
Yesterday was quite a tough day . My friend´s bike broke down after a couple of kilometers, so we went back and I borrowed my neighbour´s Giant. We did a 3.25 h bike with the last hour being about half ironman effort for me, who did most of the pacing. A 0.30 h/6.5K run on top. And then I missed the first period of HIFK:s home game against Tappara because it got so late. At least they won (rarely seen at home this season).

2 kommenttia:

  1. nice :)

    Skiing is such an instrument-sport, unlike cycling LOL

    VastaaPoista
  2. Nice to read your blog! Hope training are going well, Marcos

    VastaaPoista